This position is fulfilled.
CultureHaving a positive culture enables our employees to thrive. We are an agile and forward-thinking business and our employees work hard and celebrate every success. We also have a number of social events during the year which include annual team-building, happy hours and holiday parties.
Competitive Pay & BenefitsWe offer our employees a variety of benefits along with maintaining a competitive pay structure through an annual salary exercise. Such benefits include:
- Cover an average of 90% of health costs for employees and their families; 100% employer coverage on some plans
- Contribute equal to 6% of total compensation to a non-elective 401(k) account with immediate vesting
- Competitive time-off benefits
CommunicationWe aim to be transparent with our business strategy and performance information by giving employees access to the latest news and announcements. We also provide quarterly Town Halls so that employees can hear business updates directly from executives.
Wellness & CommunityWe promote wellness and community involvement by offering benefits such as:
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Community Involvement Time-Off
- Commuting allowance
Title of the internship: Data Science for the Elecricity Market
Duration: Two months full time
The objective of this internship is to assist in applying machine learning for to forecast congestion events in the wholesale electric market. The tasks of the study are the following:
- Data cleaning and preprocessing
- Feature engineering, data analytics and visualization
- Applying various machine learning approaches to predict congestion
- Optimization of algorithms
The main deliverable of the internship is to create analyze and visualize electricity wholesale data and apply machine learning approaches to forecast pricing. The intern will closely work with a senior data scientist and use real data from one of our business units. Depending on progress, the work might be extended with other exciting developments of interest for the energy sector, which will be defined throughout the internship.
Backgrounds and skills required
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Random Forest
- Experience with standard statistical computer languages (Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Weka, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit learn
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Highly self-motivated; able to work independently in a collaborative, multicultural environment, an ability to efficiently manage time and resources
Knowledge with deep learning will be a plus.
Energy background, experience with and knowledge of AWS would be a plus.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
with “Data Science for the Electricity Market” in the subject field.